For many families, back to school also means back to sports. If you have any athletes in your family, it’s important to outfit them with a sports mouthguard. According to the American Dental Association, athletes not wearing mouthguards are 60 times more likely to suffer dental injury. Keep your child from becoming a statistic and get them a mouthguard from a dentist.
Yes, mouthguards are sold in stores. But they just don’t do as good of a job as the custom-made mouthguards we provide. Call us today at 502-783-6322 to schedule a fitting for your athlete in our Frankfort, KY office.
In the meantime, see some reasons you’ll want a custom mouthguard for your loved one:
- Better and More Comfortable Fit – There are several problems with an ill-fitting mouthguard. Your athlete may “forget” to wear it because it’s not comfortable. Plus, it may not stay in their mouth like it should. Your dentist takes impressions of your child’s teeth that are used to make a mouthguard. This results in a comfortable, custom fit that provides better protection.
- No Need to Boil Before Wearing – With a mouthguard from a store, you usually have to soften it with boiling water and then bite into it to try to get the fit right. This is not only frustrating, it often just doesn’t work too well. In contrast, your athlete simply slips their custom mouthguard into their mouth. No boiling needed!
- Can Protect Braces – If your child has braces, a custom mouthguard can protect their orthodontia in a way that a store-bought mouthguard can’t. Your dentist will make sure of it.
- Gives You Peace of Mind – Our athletic mouthguards meet standards created by the American Dental Association and the American National Standards Institute (ANSI). You’ll have more peace of mind knowing that your child is wearing a mouthguard that satisfies these standards.
- Our Team Knows What You Need – With their experience and knowledge of dental anatomy, our dentists will make sure your athletes get the right level of protection for the sports they play.